RELEASE OF LIABILITY
I, the undersigned (hereinafter the Guest) hereby irrevocably & unconditionally waive and release & hold harmless from liability Write in the Wild, LLC. (hereinafter known as Write in the Wild, LLC.), its owners, agents, and other guests (all four hereinafter collectively known as Releasees) from any & all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs, or expenses of any nature whatsoever whether in law or equity, known or unknown, occurring during, caused by, relating to, or arising in any way from participation at Write in the Wild, LLC, EVEN THOSE RISKS ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
Guest hereby acknowledges, appreciates and agrees to the following:
- Guest agrees to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings. Guest further agrees to follow any instructions or directions given orally, electronically, in writing, posted or otherwise provided by Write in the Wild, LLC. or its employees, representatives or agents.
- Guest understands that attending a facility in the country may involve voluntary participation in physical activities both indoors and outdoors, and certain exposure to wildlife and walks, steps, paths, roads that are uneven, steps and/or stairs that are uneven, wet and/or slippery surfaces, fire pits and water features such as lakes and ponds. With these, and all related activities, there is a certain element of risk. Injuries could include exposure to insect bites/stings, exposure to wildlife, exposure to irritating plants, cuts, bruises, burns, falls, broken bones, drowning, concussions, paralysis and death. By accepting this waiver, Guest hereby acknowledge that participation and use of facilities and grounds and participation in activities are at Guest’s own risk, and that Guest assumes all responsibilities for any and all aspects of participation by Guest, INCLUDING THOSE RISKS ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE. Guest understands that activities, including but not limited to any activities involving water, must be performed properly. This waiver applies to any and all activities, named and unnamed herein, in which Guest voluntarily participates at Write in the Wild, LLC.
- Guest understands that there are special risks involved in the use water related activities, such as lake activities, pond activities, hot tub or whirlpool tubs. Guest is aware there are potential dangers to any person participating or using a water related activity if the activity is performed for too long or if a person has health risks, is intoxicated, using any kind of drugs or medication, or pregnant. Guest agrees to waive any claim whatsoever against Releasees for accidents or injury arising from use of water related activities.
- Guest understands there is always a risk for food-borne illness and/or allergic reactions when consuming or exposed to food or places where food has been consumed. Write in the Wild, LLC provides and allows Guests to consume foods containing milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soy. As such, all surfaces and food at Write in the Wild, LLC may contain traces of these products and could cause an allergic reaction. Guest agrees to notify Write in the Wild, LLC of any specific food based allergy at the time of executing this Release by noting such allergy under their signature. Write in the Wild, LLC will attempt to reduce the Guest’s exposure to said allergens but complete elimination cannot be guaranteed. Guest agrees to waive any claim whatsoever against Releasees for accidents or injury arising from food borne illnesses and allergic reactions.
- Guest understands Releasees may, from time to time, provide instruction, guidance, suggestions and/or feedback to Guest for Guest’s writing or other literary works or Guest’s creative process. Any instruction, guidance, suggestion and/or feedback provided by any Releasee is only the opinion of said Releasee. Guest understands that said opinions shall be considered by the Guest and relied upon only to the extent Guest believes said opinions are valid. Guest agrees to waive any claim whatsoever against Releasees for any injury, financial, emotional, physical or otherwise, arising from Guest’s reliance on any opinion of any Releasee. In the event any instruction, guidance, suggestions, feedback or other contributions of process, ideas, content, or language provided by Guest to any Releasee is included in any way in any work or product of any Releasee or otherwise used in any way by any Releasee, Guest hereby waives any and all rights or claims Guest may have against any Releasee in law or equity, including any claims relating to any intellectual property offered by Guest, and Guest waives any right Guest may have to be credited for such work or contribution. All guidance, suggestions, and feedback given by Releasees to Guest for Guest’s writing, Guest’s literary works or Guest’s creative process shall become the Guest’s sole and exclusive property of Guest upon incorporation into Guest’s work. This does not, however, include the writing methodology or writing teachings of Releasees.
- Guest also understand that this Release of Liability irrevocably and unconditionally releases and holds harmless all Releasees from any financial or other liability for any injury, bodily harm, sickness, illness, or loss of life that Guest or Guest’s family may suffer and from any economic harm or loss of property occurring during, caused by, relating to, or arising in any way out of activities offered by Write in the Wild, LLC.
- Guest agrees to indemnify and defend Write in the Wild, LLC., and its Owners and Agents, against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from Guest’s use of or presence upon the facilities of Write in the Wild, LLC.
- Guest agrees to pay for all damages to the facilities of Write in the Wild, LLC caused by Guest’s negligent, reckless or willful actions.
- Guest agrees and acknowledges that Guest is under no pressure or duress to sign this Release and that Guest has been given reasonable opportunity to review it prior to signing.
- Guest agrees any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in any activities of Write in the Wild, LLC shall be resolved under Georgia Law. Guest further agrees this agreement is being entered into in Athens-Clarke County, Georgia and as such Guest submits themself to the personal jurisdiction of a court of competent jurisdiction in Athens-Clarke County, Georgia. Additionally, venue for any legal action shall be in Athens-Clarke County, Georgia.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY. I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS. I UNDERSTAND I AM GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT. I SIGN IT FREELY, VOLUNTARILY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.